[FFmpeg-devel] Bounties?

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Fri May 25 06:29:14 CEST 2007

--- Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:

> Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > Hello,
> > On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 05:48:02PM +0100, Robert
> Swain wrote:
> > [...]
> >> :) Which country's law do we choose to be
> acceptable for handling
> >> people's money? My knowledge of law is not
> significant, only that the
> >> US has millions of laws because people sue for
> stupid reasons like "I
> >> put my cat in the microwave to dry it out and it
> died. There was no
> >> warning telling me not to do so. I want
> compensation." compared to
> >> most other countries which rely on common sense a
> bit more. So I
> >> hear, anyway.

Side note: One needn't only sue for money in America.
Something called Declaratory Relief is always
available. For instance you could ask a court to order
microwave manufacturers to put a warning label on
their devices indicating that a person must use only
the defrost setting when drying their cat.

> I'm fairly confident that the jurisdiction in
> question would be the U.S.
> for the fairly simple reason that I am the only one
> who would take the
> initiative on the whole matter. :)
>
> --
> 	-Mike Melanson

In Personam Jurisdiction. Where you are, thats where
you get sued.

In America it may be one or more of Federal, State,
County/Municipal, District/Parish Jurisdictions.

____________________________________________________________________________________Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.