[FFmpeg-devel] 'Full checkout'snapshots

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue May 29 11:51:36 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 11:45:35AM +0200, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> If you cant update with svn, what is the use of a snapshot that *might*
> be updated with svn? And if you can update with svn, why download a
> snapshot?

For example that initial checkouts are horribly slow and transfer a lot of
data with svn? Back when I still used dialup I think the tarballs were 3-4 times
as fast to download... http/ftp downloads contrary to svn also have a
progress bar and time estimates. And last but not least, you can not
only do svn update but also svn diff and svn revert...

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger