[FFmpeg-devel] r9017 breaks WMA decoding on Intel Macs

Patrice Bensoussan patrice.bensoussan
Wed May 30 21:55:35 CEST 2007

On 30 May 2007, at 20:50, matthieu castet wrote:

> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 07:58:34PM +0100, Patrice Bensoussan wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>> Hmmm... Michael, the code currently committed is broken for Intel
>>> based Macs... so shouldn't we apply this patch anyway to actually
>>> have a correct code, and then do some benchmarks later? Or simply
>>> revert the original patch until we can decide what is the best thing
>>> to do?
>>
>> wait a moment, what is broken?
>> apple ships an ancient broken assembler which silently missassembles
>> the code
>>
> BTW isn't possible to install recent binutils on macosx ?
> http://binutils.darwinports.com/ seems to indicate it is possible.

I guess we'll get some updated development tools in two weeks with
the 10.5 beta anyway. But honestly I don't think a lot of people
would install different development tools just to compile ffmpeg, and
we should try to keep ffmpeg usable with default dev tools which is
99.99% of people are using.

Patrice