[FFmpeg-devel] r9017 breaks WMA decoding on Intel Macs

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed May 30 22:45:03 CEST 2007

Hi

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 09:26:39PM +0100, Patrice Bensoussan wrote:

> On 30 May 2007, at 21:20, matthieu castet wrote:
>
> > Hi Patrice,
> >
> > Patrice Bensoussan wrote:

> >> I guess we'll get some updated development tools in two weeks with
> >> the 10.5 beta anyway. But honestly I don't think a lot of people
> >> would install different development tools just to compile ffmpeg, and
> >> we should try to keep ffmpeg usable with default dev tools which is
> >> 99.99% of people are using.
> > Well on windows 99,99% of people are using visual, but it isn't
> > supported.
> >
> > Also most of people use pre-compiled binaries ?
>
> The problem here is that you don't even know the generated binary is
> incorrect... which is even worse as people trying to compile wouldn't
> even know about this problem.

write a configure check which checks that as works

btw, doesnt this old assembler have other bugs which affect ffmpeg?
i remember that some really old as miscompiled some mmx/sse instructions

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras