[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] move wmv2.c to its own file

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Sat Nov 3 16:50:53 CET 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:25:34 +0100
Aurelien Jacobs <aurel at gnuage.org> wrote:

> Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

> > > This is wrong...
> > > Those vars are initialized in msmpeg4.c. The duplicated ones in wmv2.c
> > > are never initialized !
> >
> > Good catch. I wonder how such serious bug have not been found for so long time.
>
> Probably because this patch was never committed, and that no one
> really reviewed it before...
>
> > > Another problem is the usage of ff_wmv2_decode_mb in msmpeg4.c.
> > > It shouldn't be used when wmv2 is not compiled in.
> > >
> > > I fixed those issues in the attached updated patch.
> > > It may be good enough to be committed.
> >
> > Why are you changing ff_code012() to ff_msmpeg_code012() ?
>
> I would say, for consistency. Every function exported by msmpeg4.c
> have a ff_msmpeg4_ prefix.
>
> > Do you know smaller patches are reviewed faster ;)
>
> Right. I guess I should separate all the renaming (prefix adding)
> from the rest of the patch. (Unless you are willing to do it ? ;-)

OK. Here is a split version of the patch.
First patch only does some renaming (adding proper prefix).
Second patch is now very simple and does the actual move of
wmv2.c in its own file.
If I get no comments about these patches I will probably apply
as is.

Aurel