[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] RGB conversion from YUV in swscaler

Ivo ivop
Tue Nov 6 20:22:33 CET 2007

On Tuesday 06 November 2007 20:39, Kostya wrote:
> I believe this is another case of RGB/BGR confusion in MPlayer
> that rooted in swscaler.
>
> Can somebody verify YUV conversion to RGB 15/16 and anything
> else (with and without --disable-mmx)? If it's true it may
> involve further BGR24/BGR32 renaming :(

This might be related, somewhere, somehow:

isRGB(x) returns true for x=BGR32 and
isBGR(x) returns true for x=RGB32

which seems the other way around. (both are in swscale_internal.h)

I noticed this quite a while ago, but never got around to explore it
further. Maybe now's the time to at least mention it on the list :)
Perhaps there was a good reason for having it like this, but it might just
as well be a bug on which a lot of code relies and which might interfer
with conversion tests.

--Ivo