[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] RGB conversion from YUV in swscaler

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Nov 7 07:55:39 CET 2007

Hi,

Ivo wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 November 2007 20:39, Kostya wrote:
>> I believe this is another case of RGB/BGR confusion in MPlayer
>> that rooted in swscaler.
>>
>> Can somebody verify YUV conversion to RGB 15/16 and anything
>> else (with and without --disable-mmx)? If it's true it may
>> involve further BGR24/BGR32 renaming :(
>
> This might be related, somewhere, somehow:
>
> isRGB(x) returns true for x=BGR32 and
> isBGR(x) returns true for x=RGB32
>
> which seems the other way around. (both are in swscale_internal.h)

I do not remember all the details, but I think the last time I looked
at this mplayer and ffmpeg just used different definitions about what
RGB32 is.
So, mplayer's RGB32 really was the same as ffmpeg's BGR32 :(
If I remember well, the "strange" code in isRGB and isBGR was
the only way to make mplayer and ffmpeg agree without changing a lot
of code.

				Luca