[FFmpeg-devel] Discarded B frames before first keyframe (MPEG)

Taylan O. Toygarlar tozgorto
Thu Nov 15 10:14:22 CET 2007

Michel Bardiaux wrote:
 > Taylan O. Toygarlar a ?crit :
 >> Hi Everyone,
 >>
 >> I am trying to get the exact frame numbers in my program for MPEG
files. But some MPEG files have B frames before the first keyframe,
which cannot be decoded and thus completely discarded.

 >> I want to know how many such frames exist in the file, how can I
achieve this programmatically?

 > There is no other way than to count them.

Can anyone give some clues on where this counting might take place?..It
was the actual source of the problem for me-))

Thank you for your feedback,
t.