[FFmpeg-devel] Patch profile/level of existing avc-in-mp4 file

Erik Slagter erik
Sun Nov 18 16:55:00 CET 2007

>> Nice suggestion, but I already tried that... I cannot find an option to
>> set the profile/level info for an imported stream, nor an option to
>> patch it in the ES...
>
> It's the SPS that needs patching.  In an mp4 file you'll find this in
> one of the header blocks, not the actual stream.

The files I want to be patched need to be remuxed anyway (some strange
thing in the audio, needs to be re-encoded), so the patching can be done
in either the ES or the mp4 file.

If you can give me a hint where I can find this field, I guess I can
apply the hex editor myself ;-)

The files were encoded using x264 of course, if that matters.