[FFmpeg-devel] check Libraries before compiling!?

Ramon Hackbarth nican
Tue Nov 20 10:46:23 CET 2007

Am 20.11.2007 um 10:42 schrieb Nico Sabbi:

> Il Tuesday 20 November 2007 10:31:21 Ramon Hackbarth ha scritto:
>> Hello Developers,
>>
>> yesterday I compiled ffmpeg with AAC decoders, everything worked
>> fine I thought, but AAC decoders didn't work even they were
>> compiled and - I thought - also working. It was the newest FAAD
>> Library which depends on a newer libc6 version, which wasn't
>> installed. I installed a newer libc6 version (and libfaad 2.6), but
>> afterwards I had some problems and reinstalled the old version of
>> libc6, but I left libfaad 2.6 (which doesn't work without newest
>> libc6).
>> Is it maybe possible to include a function which checks also if the
>> library is working and not just if it's existing?
>
> I'm not sure it's a good idea: a non-working library is just garbage
> lying around; IMO it's user's  responsability removing it if it
> doesn't work

But it's a kinda hard to figure out, that the library is working,
because ffmpeg compiles without problems since the library is
existing. After compiling everything looks like the library is
working, but when this (not working) library ffmpeg just says that
the codec is not supported... i think it would be better, when ffmpeg
says that there's a problem with the library...

raha