[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Split libavformat

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Nov 22 04:29:41 CET 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 05:50:40PM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Luca Abeni wrote:
>> Luca Abeni wrote:
>>> Hi Diego,
>>>
>>> thanks for the review. I am quite busy at work right now, but tomorrow
>>> I'll fix my patches according to it.
>> Here are a first part of the patches:
> [...]
>
> ...And here are two possible versions of create_libavnet.diff. I created
> 2 different versions because I am not sure if renaming the rtp (de)muxer
> to net(de)muxer is a good idea or not (I agree that for v4l2, oss & friends
> a better name than "muxer" was needed, but I think that maybe the RTP
> AVFormat is really a muxer). So I provide both the solutions and people
> can decide which one is better.

i vote for leaving it at "muxer"

> My doubts about the correctness of the configure changes apply to these
> patches too....

> I hope I addressed all the comments, but I unfortunately had the
> possibility
> to work only a small time on these patches, so I apologize in advance if I
> forgot something.

[...]

> +#define LIBAVNET_IDENT       "Lavnet" AV_STRINGIFY(LIBAVNET_VERSION)

like with devices this is unused also i dont think it would be good if
we would change the name in our ident string (compared to just the version)
which is embeded in containers or in network stream every time the
libs are reorganized ...

anyway iam fine with the net&device patches feel free to commit as soon
as the makefile/configure maintainers are ok with them
small issues like doxygen comments can be fixed later, its not good if
we delay the split and thus lengthen the version / splittedness inconsistancy
due to minor nitpicks

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker, user
questions for the command line tools ffmpeg, ffplay, ... as well as questions