[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Split libavformat

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Nov 22 14:50:48 CET 2007

Hi Diego,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
>> So, what I am planning to do is to remove these changes (that can be committed
>> in a second time, because they do not affect the API).
>> Of course, the other MUXER ---> DEV changes that are you requested yesterday
>> are not affected by this.
>
> Yes, I was referring to that as well.  If you prefer, split that off.

I have no preference about these issues... I am just trying to make
everyone happy ;-)

> This reminds me that there were a few cosmetic hunks in configure.
> These could be split as well.

You mean things like
-oss_demuxer_deps_any="soundcard_h sys_soundcard_h"
-oss_muxer_deps_any="soundcard_h sys_soundcard_h"
+oss_indev_deps_any="soundcard_h sys_soundcard_h"
+oss_outdev_deps_any="soundcard_h sys_soundcard_h"
right?

If yes, those changes are needed for using CONFIG_OSS_INDEV instead pf
CONFIG_OSS_DEMUXER (and similar things). So, reverting those changes
will also revert some DEMUXER ---> INDEV and MUXER ---> OUTDEV changes
in alldevices.c and libavdevice/Makefile. Is that ok?

			Thanks,
				Luca