[FFmpeg-devel] [OT] ffmpeg git

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Nov 27 00:02:53 CET 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 10:14:36PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 20:01 +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> >>
> >> There may be some mirror (though it would only be read-only), but I and
> >> probably everyone else just uses git-svn.
> >
> > If lots of people start creating their initial git-svn checkouts using
> > the svn protocol that could cause significant load and bandwidth use
> > (even more so for MPlayer with its larger history). Creating a git-svn
> > repository clonable with the git protocol would allow faster and less
> > resource-hungry creation of new git-svn checkouts. It wouldn't
> > necessarily even need to be kept up to date - the latest commits could
> > be fetched with normal "git-svn rebase". The git-svn manpage has details
> > about how to create a local git-svn checkout from such an initial clone.
> > Once a git-clonable repository exists those instructions could be
> > published on FFmpeg/MPlayer websites.
>
> There are Git repos of FFMpeg and libswscale at git.mplayerhq.hu,
> available using git or http protocol.  Both are kept in sync with svn
> automatically.  If there is interest, I could easily create a full
> MPlayer repo.  Doing the import on the server is much faster than over
> the net...

how does one push changes to git.mplayerhq.hu ?
having to manually extract each commit and then use svn really destroys
the advantage git has over svn for someone who does have write access

this is especially true if its more then one change ...

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates