[FFmpeg-devel] H264: Fix non_zero_count_cache for deblocking in fields

Martin Zlomek martin.zlomek
Fri Nov 30 10:58:23 CET 2007

Hello,

attached patch paff-nnz.diff fixes obvious typo in fill_caches() if PAFF
is in use.
Then, there are correct values in non_zero_count_cache used in the
deblocking filter.
Not optimized version of the filter (i.e. filter_mb()) gives output that is
equivalent to the reference decoder output. Tested on these conformance
samples
(http://ftp3.itu.ch/av-arch/jvt-site/draft_conformance/00readme_suz0420.html):
   CVFI1_Sony_D.jsv
   CVFI1_SVA_C.264
   MR6_BT_B.h264
   Sharp_MP_Field_1_B.jvt
   Sharp_MP_Field_2_B.jvt
   Sharp_MP_Field_3_B.jvt

Nevertheless, there is still the problem in the fast version of the filter
(filter_mb_fast()) that I metioned in thread
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2007-October/037249.html.
I do not understand MMX instructions so far, thus I am not able to fix this
problem soon.
Loren Merritt sent patch for this some time ago, but it seems it is not
working...

If you do not demand speed, you can "switch off" fast version of the filter
in fields by attached patch paff-deblock-notoptimized.diff. BTW. how much
faster
is the fast version - has anybody measured it?

--
Martin Zlomek
martin.zlomek at email.cz