[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Donations link on the homepage

Benjamin Larsson banan
Fri Nov 30 15:07:29 CET 2007

Robert Swain wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 12:49 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>>> You need to set up some kind of organization. But it's quite easy to do
>>> that in Sweden. I'll check with the tax office how to do that.
>>>
>> that would be great
>> its kinda silly that people cannot donate to ffmpeg ...
>>

> Considering all that FFmpeg does for the world, definitely. :)
>
> Mike: Did you ever do anything about contacting Google/YouTube about
> throwing some money our way? (Outside of SoC I mean.)
>
> Ben: If you did set up the organisation, would we be able to use some
> other means for donations than PayPal?
>
> Rob

Sure, I just need to check the exact terms to get tax exemption. The
paypal stuff was just a suggestion as it's quite easy to setup. I'll
post more info as soon as I know more.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson