[FFmpeg-devel] MJPEG encoding

Trond Hagen Trond.R.Hagen
Wed Oct 3 15:23:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am a scientist at SINTEF and we are trying to expliot the cell
processor and the GPU for encoding movies. We have stared by trying to
create a hardware accelerated MJPEG encoder. We would like to use the
ffmpeg codebase to write our MJPEG headers and compute the DCT and
quantization on the Cell/GPU. We have looked at the source code and
tried to isolate the relevant parts without success.

We need help to locate the functions that perform DCT and quantization
to replace these with our own functions. Can any of you help us with this?

Best regards,
Trond Hagen