[FFmpeg-devel] Bugreport: compiling fails with -fPIC used

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Wed Oct 17 00:05:18 CEST 2007

Hi!

Tuesday 16 October 2007 17:23-kor Reimar D?ffinger ezt ?rta:
> Hello,
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 05:00:31PM +0200, Thorsten Jordan wrote:
> [...]
>
> > There are two places of trouble, for the first case i replace %1 by
> > %%ebx, as j = -i before the code starts. Shouldn't be that slower,
> > except the push/pop.
>
> IIRC you normally can't use push/pop as gcc might use esp/rsp relative
> addressing for arguments. In this case it might work since all
> constraints are "r", but it still seems risky to meddle with the stack
> without letting gcc know.

With asm *volatile* it shouldn't be a problem, imho. But I don't know why ebx
can not already be assigned to one of the %0..%n stuff, which would be a
problem.

> Greetings,
> Reimar D?ffinger

bye