[FFmpeg-devel] bind: Address already in user (ffserver)

Pawel Eljasz peljasz
Wed Oct 17 11:28:05 CEST 2007

FFserver version SVN-r10708
 libavutil version: 49.5.0
   libavcodec version: 51.45.0
   libavformat version: 51.14.0
   built on Oct 12 2007 18:41:14, gcc: 4.1.2 (Ubuntu 4.1.2-0ubuntu4)
 ffserver started.
 224.0.0.1:4400 - - [Tue Oct 16 14:31:36 2007] "PLAY
 rihanna-sdp.flv/streamid=0 RTP/MCAST"
 bind: Address already in use
..and exits of course

 any ideas on how to release the sources, rebooted, purged whole /tmp,
 trying to look in /proc but cannot resolve it?
 something for developers or alike

I'm trying to stream FLV via RTP having fairly latest svn of ffmpeg
it kept crashing when mplayer or ffplay or vlc was on client side
I cannot recall what config I had when it crashed and left, I believe
proc, in this state so no reboot, nothing helps,
I'm by no means a kernel expert nor programmer and I think it's somewhere
there where system call still hangs around, it looks like it to me
 http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~fine/Tech/addrinuse.html

best regards