[FFmpeg-devel] Bugreport: compiling fails with -fPIC used

Thorsten Jordan tjordan
Thu Oct 18 08:59:27 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer schrieb:
> Hi
>
>> you are right, it is hackish. It can be done better my using direct
>> register names. I don't know if that is welcome, at least the following
>> patch is better in that case.
>>
>> The second change further down the file is in a second patch.
> IIRC the function uses 6 registers so putting it under HAVE_7REGS is not
> correct
yes i agree, but what would be a better alternative? #ifndef
HAVE_EBX_AVAILABLE ? Is there any interest in patches for that problem btw?
What about the second patch, it works for -fPIC or not and shouldn't be
slower?

--
Greetings, Thorsten