[FFmpeg-devel] MDCT and AC3 encoder

Benjamin Larsson banan
Thu Oct 25 15:03:16 CEST 2007

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Regarding the AC3 encoder and the MDCT, I had a plan in the past to move
> the integer FFT and MDCT to their own files so that they can be easily
> reused.
>
> Another task would be to modify the AC3 encoder so that it can
> alternatively use the floating point MDCT. Does someone have similar plans ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Fabrice.

Justin Ruggles has done some AC3 work with his aften AC3 encoder lib.
And Marc Hoffman did some initial work for a fixed point frame work. It
has stalled though. The cook decoder has code that should make it easy
to use in fixed point mode as soon as there is a good fixed point mdct.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson