[FFmpeg-devel] higher-level libs?

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge
Mon Oct 29 15:10:19 CET 2007

Well, it does do more then that. It can be as simple as:

dec = new Decoder()
dec->open("infile.avi")
enc = new Encoder()
enc->setVCodec("mpeg2")
enc->setACodec("mpeg2a")
trans = new Transcoder(dec, enc)
trans->run()

Take a look at the Decoder.h from fobs, it's really high level stuff.
Since it is C++ it shouldn't be hard to use SWIG to create wrappers
for whatever language you want. Believe me when I say that I've tried
finding higher lever libs for ffmpeg, and Fobs is about as good as it
gets. And if it doesn't do something you want, the code is very easy
to read, and modifying it shouldn't be hard at all.

Timothy