[FFmpeg-devel] [Bugreport] and [Patch]: duration of TS streams is wrong when used near 2^33 wrap

Thorsten Jordan tjordan
Tue Oct 30 09:03:35 CET 2007

Michael Niedermayer schrieb:
> Hi
>
>>> as it turns negative durations (which would be ignored) into valid positive
>>> ones, in practice such negative durations are more likely caused by
>>> timestamp resets instead of 33bit wraping
>> Sorry, but i doubt that this is the case. PTS wrap occurs every 26.5
>> hours, but how often do PTS resets occur?
>
> IIRC i have a file where they occur every minute, while i never saw a dvd
> with 26 hours length
hmm i focussed only on transport streams, not program streams. I guess
doing the pts wrap only for TS won't be accepted anyway?
It depends on how common pts resets vs. wraps are on TS, and at least of
my experience the wraps are much more common. Mans may have a different
opinion though....
But ok, this goes off topic and i accept your decision.

--
Greetings, Thorsten