[FFmpeg-devel] snow codec development

Ivo ivop
Sat Sep 1 13:24:37 CEST 2007

On Saturday 01 September 2007 12:53, Luca Barbato wrote:
> - spread the news, ffmpeg people are known for not caring about
> marketing nor pr that much and we rely on our users to be known outside
> ^^

I think, if wide-spread adoption of snow is the goal, there's a need for a
small and easy to install codec for Windows. Also, it would help if some
major HDTV rip group adopted snow for their high quality rips, but that
would need the former first. Both these things is what made xvid popular
IMHO.

--Ivo