[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] visual artifacts when playing FLV/H263

Vladimir Pantelic pan
Tue Sep 4 17:09:09 CEST 2007

mkhodor6 at yahoo.com wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 11:36:52AM +0200, Vladimir Pantelic wrote:
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> > Hi
>>
>> Hi,

>> > its of no relevance what any tool does with a different file
>> > the question is can anything play the file you uploaded?
>>
>> Well, its' not a different file, in the end the same .FLV file will be
>> downloaded and played by the Flash Plugin, but as the Flash Plugin does not
>> allow to directly open a .FLV file, you have to go through the website and the
>> .SWF around it to play it...
>
> I went to that URL and watched the swf with the official Flash Plugin.
> It downloads the video from a dynamically-generated URL.  The file
> that it downloaded contained VP6 video, which is definitely not the
> same as what you uploaded.  This VP6 video plays correctly in MPlayer.

OK, so my mistake. I used one of these FLV extraction tools to get the FLV,
seems that this tools gets the H263 version whereas the SWF gets the VP6 one.
The H263 one is broken, the VP6 is fine, case closed.

Thanks again.

Vladimir