[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg and argument parsing.

Marc Hoffman mmhoffm
Tue Sep 4 23:25:51 CEST 2007

On 9/4/07, Reimar Doeffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 04:41:22PM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
> > This seems clearer, why are we using d==d to signal argument not found?
>
> In addition to what Michael said: Since this is the second time this
> question came up, feel free to add a comment that explains that d==d
> checks for NaN (IIRC it will be true for +-inf as well, but that doesn't
> matter here).

I guess our fast float implementation doesn't handle NAN==NAN so this
fails on our current platform with -mfast-fp -ffast-math.  We do have
an IEEE library which it does work with but that just requires more
overall mips.

Marc