[FFmpeg-devel] how to strip attachments with a specific MIME type or which are large in or before mailman?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Sep 5 20:28:23 CEST 2007

Hi

ive a little problem with configuring the ffmpeg-issues mailinglist (thats
the one where all changes to our bug tracker are sent to)

the problem is that some of these mails contain large attachments (videos and
such)
now we cant just send these to everyone obviously it would make the list
unuseable for people with a slow pipe ...
so the list is configured to block mails which are too large but this is
not good either as the bugreports themselfs which have large attchments
get blocked as well

the obvious thing which is to use mailmans content filtering doesnt work
as the mail size check is done first, large mails still get blocked. only
small attachments get removed and the mail delivered if its original size
was not too large

suggestions are welcome ...

or is there some way to prevent roundup from sending attachments with a
specifc MIME type out in the first place? luca?

Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into
despotisms. -- Aristotle