[FFmpeg-devel] AAC support in SDP

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Thu Sep 6 15:54:21 CEST 2007

Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> Luca Barbato wrote:
> [...]
>>> This look interesting... So, it can be used for h.264 too? I did not
>> I was thinking about adding the packetizer I have in feng to ffmpeg...
>
> Is it implementing rfc3984? Which mode? (I think Non-interleaved mode is
>   the most reasonable thing to implement).

non-interleaved/fragmented, the rest is more or less pointless for my
purposes. For resilience probably we'll implement svc packetization once
it's stable.

> I have some half-working code for it... If you plan to commit your code
> from feng, let me know and I'll stop working on my one (to avoid
> duplicated effort).

The code is already there (and it's boring) so if you want to use it
instead of rewriting feel free to use it, I won't have much time till
the end of the next week, I'm afraid.

> Ok, I re-read it, trying to better understand the "Generic Mode". But
> how can a client understand what's the content of a stream packettized
> in generic mode? If I get it right, there is nothing in the SDP that
> specifies if the stream is audio, video, or something else (and I do not
> think the config information is enough to understand what a stream is...).

there should be a parameter to tell what you are putting inside rtp.

> Anyway, I tried to do some experiments, but I did not find any client
> able to receive and correctly understand RFC3640's generic mode.
> So, for the moment I only implemented AAC-hbr mode :)

that's fine =)

lu

--

Luca Barbato