[FFmpeg-devel] seeking in ts (was: mpegvideo_parser outputs incomplete frames)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Sep 6 15:58:41 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 09:33:59AM -0000, Wolfram Gloger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > mpeg ts contain fields (splicing_point_flag and such) which indicte such
> > changes if i understand the spec correctly though i do not know if they
> > are mandatory, i hope they are ...
>
> I agree the ts demuxer should use those fields if available (and
> generate new streams), but I don't see how that local information
> helps me when I seek into an arbitrary region with different
> parameters from the start of the stream (ok you can say: don't
> do that, then!)..

you cannot have different paramaters like a different codec in a AVStream
suddenly. if you do the demuxer or some other part or the stream itself
IS buggy

lets start from square 1
what exactly is the problem? i dont think you ever reported a bug related
seeking, mpeg ts and changing stream parameters.

second dont you realize that what you do with av_find_stream_info just
cannot work you call av_find_stream_info() after a seek but what if things
change without a seek? what about stream copy, no format supports chnaging
codecs mid stream except maybe mpeg-ps/ts but iam not sure if they really
do either

so what is the real problem?
is the parser not updating the number of channels or is the mpeg ts
stream switchin from mp3 to ac3 or what?

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin