[FFmpeg-devel] Weird monkey audio codec tag

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Sun Sep 16 06:53:23 CEST 2007

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 11:36:13PM +0200, Benjamin Zores wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It appears Monkey Audio demuxer sets codec_tag to 'APE ' while official
> fourcc (which is looked for in probe()) is 'MAC '.
>
>  >    st->codec->codec_type      = CODEC_TYPE_AUDIO;
>  >    st->codec->codec_id        = CODEC_ID_APE;
>  >    st->codec->codec_tag       = MKTAG('A', 'P', 'E', ' ');
>
> Kostya, any reason you did this ?
>
> Ben

There is no official fourcc here, it's only file header marker.
And it's referenced mostly as APE (as Reimar pointed out, MAC is
very generic, it reminds me of networks or cryptography).

And maybe I get flamed for this but the whole reason codec_tag is set
is to play files via mplayer -demux lavf.