[FFmpeg-devel] configure with liba52 on 64 bit

foyleman foyleman
Fri Sep 21 17:18:50 CEST 2007

I am unable to configure ffmpeg on a CentOS 64bit machine. I need to
configure with liba52 but I am getting errors.

I did some searching and cannot find a solution.. or at least one that I
understand. I know some linux and I can get around, but perhaps not
enough since I am lost here.

My ffmpeg configure line:
./configure --enable-shared --enable-libxvid --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libogg --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-libfaad
--enable-libfaac --enable-liba52 --enable-pp

My error:
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/liba52.a(parse.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S
against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC
/usr/local/lib/liba52.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libavcodec.so.51] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/install/ffmpeg/libavcodec'
make: *** [lib] Error 2

I believe this is a 64bit issue. I was able to configure this on a 32bit
test system. But the server on which I need to finally install it turns
out to be 64 bit.

Please help.

--
Thanks,
foyleman

"Go ahead... You Play. I Mod. : MODSonline.com"

www.modsonline.com
Over 80,000 members can't be wrong.
Custom game content, tutorials, downloads, etc.
Have you heard the MODSonair Podcast?
http://www.modsonair.com/

We are game enthusiasts from the MODSonline.com
community bringing you news, updates and
opinions of the week's current events.
Tune in every Friday for a new episode.

iTunes: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=76379330
Looking for help modding your game? Checkout:
- Quake 4 Mods For Dummies
- Half-Life 2 Mods For Dummies

Authored by Erik Guilfoyle (foyleman) and
Available in most book stores.