[FFmpeg-devel] BFI Demuxer

Eli Friedman eli.friedman
Tue Apr 1 11:41:38 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 2:22 AM, Sisir Koppaka <sisir.koppaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I got the BFI demuxer without video support(only audio support) working a
>  few days ago. I then added the video stream and now the video stream plays
>  but not the audio one! I think I may have done some mistake with the stream
>  handling.
>  Setting the pts(I went through this -
>  http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2007-March/025999.html ,
>  but still...) is another thing I'm not sure about. But it did play the audio
>  well at one point of time so, I guess I'm doing something wrong now.

+        pkt->pts = 1;

This is wrong, assuming there's more than one audio packet.  You're
telling the calling code that all the audio packets are supposed to
play at the same instant.  An decent example of how to set pts
properly for a simple container is rpl.c.  (Disclaimer: I just started
contributing to ffmpeg very recently, and rpl.c is mostly written by
myself.)

+        pkt->pts = AV_NOPTS_VALUE;

You should be setting a real pts, unless it's impossible for some
reason I'm missing.

-Eli