[FFmpeg-devel] GPL licence break (MovieGate)

Christophe Ducommun cducommun
Tue Apr 1 22:00:23 CEST 2008

> Please don't top-post, like I asked you.  If you don't know what
> top-posting is, Google will explain it to you with the first hit.

OK, I will never do that !

>> It doesn't matter if you made changes or not.  You have to give your
> users access to the complete source code you used.  Just make a
> tarball
> or zip file or whatever and put it up for download alongside your
> program.  That will be enough for us.

I will add a download link to the source code of ffmpeg used in my
software
in the credit page added to the web site.

I have read in the GPL, that the source code must be available but
doesn't need
to be distributed with the application. For me it save some bandwidth
for the download,
and user can have access to the source code from the web site of my
application.

>> When will you be releasing that version?

I need one week or two because I work on my software the evening
during my free time.
I need to finalize some fix in my code, modify the install to add the
credits and the application
to add also the credits.

>> And what's keeping you from
> changing your website now?

I have actually added a Credit page accessible from the main page. But
actually I need
to add the source code, I don't have finished the work. I hope to
finish tomorrow.

>> P.S.: I'm not sure if you are subscribed to ffmpeg-devel, so I CCed
>> you
> just in case.  Please keep ffmpeg-devel in the CC as well.

I am subscribed now to the FFmpeg-dev mailing-list.

Thanks
Christophe