[FFmpeg-devel] Problems compiling FFMPEG in MingW

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Apr 2 09:13:23 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 11:47:37PM +0000, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> >> What makes you think the version is most likely outdated?
> >Probably because the problem has been fixed.
>
> It had been fixed 3 hours before the message was sent!!!
> Is that enough to call it outdated as if it were 0.49?
> He did post on the wrong list, but calling it outdated because
> of a few revisions and because of a fix that diego himself
> committed seems too drastic to me.

The message was posted to the wrong mailing list to begin with.  And the
"bug report" was incomplete.  That I had actually fixed his problem
shortly before was just a minor issue.

> Go-away messages are getting unnecessarily aggressive lately...
> How about you fetch the old nice ones you used to write and just
> copy&paste those instead? I mean the ones that actually point
> the user to some place he can get help.

The point is that I really do want those lamers to go away!  Not a
single day passes anymore without seeing top-posting, threads broken and
hijacked and offtopic messages.  Also, this problem is gettting worse
and worse.

What do you suggest in order to *reduce* the problem?

Diego