[FFmpeg-devel] Problems compiling FFMPEG in MingW

Ramiro Polla ramiro
Wed Apr 2 21:13:24 CEST 2008

Diego Biurrun <diego <at> biurrun.de> writes:
> > Go-away messages are getting unnecessarily aggressive lately...
> > How about you fetch the old nice ones you used to write and just
> > copy&paste those instead? I mean the ones that actually point
> > the user to some place he can get help.
>
> The point is that I really do want those lamers to go away!  Not a
> single day passes anymore without seeing top-posting, threads broken and
> hijacked and offtopic messages.  Also, this problem is gettting worse
> and worse.
>
> What do you suggest in order to *reduce* the problem?

Simply saying "go away" doesn't help the user in getting his problem
resolved, and will just make it look like nobody cares or is willing
to help him. Learning proper netiquette doesn't usually take long.

I'd prefer to say something like:

You did not follow the netiquette in your message to this list. Pay
special attention to the first paragraph of
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/mailinglists.html
and do not reply before you have understood which rules you have
trespassed. Read up on the archives to learn proper netiquette.

or

You have not sent your message to the appropriate list. Read
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/mailinglists.html
thoroughly and send your message to the proper list.

Ramiro Polla