[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] be more kind with wrong psm in mpeg ps

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Mon Apr 7 16:36:41 CEST 2008

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Attached patch make ps demuxer correctly detects lpcm files with wrong
>> psm (mplayer and vlc plays them correctly).
>>
>> Should fix wrong_psm_lpcm.mpg on mplayerhq.
>>
>> I think those checks are reasonable. Comments ?
>
> I don't like it.  It can break valid files.

Question is does it ?

I'd like some real measures of the effects of the psm considering vlc
and mplayer ignore it and play many files.

if psm says AC3 or DTS then fine, but if psm says private data or mpeg1
audio, it's reasonable to guess that it is not what psm says.

I think I'll ask for a vote on this, since I would really like being
able to play those files.

SMARTJOG SAS                                     http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312