[FFmpeg-devel] DTS transcoding error: where to file a bug?

madshi dear
Thu Apr 10 21:32:07 CEST 2008

Guido Ledermann schrieb:
> 2008/4/10 Benjamin Larsson <banan at ludd.ltu.se>:
>

>> Ok, hopefully it is fixed in svn.
>>

> Hi Benjamin! It runs better, but isn't really satisfying.
>
> There are a lots of
> ERROR: block code look-up failed
> [dca @ 0x8442570]Invalid bit allocation index
> [dca @ 0x8442570]Didn't get subframe DSYNC
>
> And sometimes I get some very terrible noise that sounds like corrupted
> audio data. Is there something I can provide to find another approach for
> the problems with DTS?
>
> Guido

Maybe it would be useful to double check the file with
a different tool/decoder, just to make sure that the track
is reasonably decodable at all? If the file is too damaged
so that proper decoding isn't really possible, I'd honestly
not waste any time to work around the damage. But if
other tools/decoders can decode this sample just fine, then
so should the libav decoder.

Regards, madshi.