[FFmpeg-devel] Colocated Params in H.264

Harshit Tiwari harsh.tiwari
Fri Apr 11 13:35:37 CEST 2008

Hello Folks,

I am trying to understand the compute_colocated function in JM 13.2
reference software for H.264. I have a few confusions:
1. The field mv & ref_idx information can be computed within this function
itself. Is it too much of a computational overhead to do it every slice
rather than once per decoded image ? It is also dependent on how frequently
FRM-FLD or FLD-FRM referencing is used.
2. The flow for direct_8x8_inference_flag is not that clear in the function.
Can it not be done after computing the colocated params? in a separate
function for better clarity may be ?

Please let me know if there are better ways to handle this function.
Thanks in advance

-Harshit