[FFmpeg-devel] GOM Player on the Blacklisted Projects

Diego Biurrun diego
Sun Apr 13 10:20:57 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:36:12AM -0400, Francois Oligny-Lemieux wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:29 AM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 07:59:00PM -0400, Francois Oligny-Lemieux wrote:
> > >
> > > I have good news!
> >
> > I have good news as well: I was perfectly aware of all these issues.
>
> So do you agree that asking for diff is not sufficient for to meet any GPL /
> LGPL requirement? If you ask for it, it should be advertised as to satisfy
> "ffmpeg team" in general instead of FFMpeg licensing terms (which are
> GPL/LGPL).

You still haven't gotten the main point: After an (L)GPL license breach,
what you have to satisfy is the copyright holder(s), not the license.

We are perfectly within our rights to ask for a diff.  And we are
perfectly within our rights to accept a diff as a means of complying
with GPL ?2a / LGPL ?2b.

Diego

P.S.: Please do not misspell FFmpeg as FFMpeg, thanks.