[FFmpeg-devel] DTS transcoding error: where to file a bug?

Benjamin Larsson banan
Mon Apr 14 11:29:30 CEST 2008

Guido Ledermann wrote:
> Just did a transcode with VLC which "worked". The channels are mixed up
> which means that source front left is now back right and so on. But it did
> the decoding of dts and encoding to ac3.
>
> What else can I do?

Hi, we tracked down a parser bug causing the dca errors so wait a few
days and the fix should be in FFmpeg svn. Regarding the channel mixup it
is a known limit of FFmpeg. I'm not sure what to recommend, I think
mencoder should be able to handle this. You might need to wait for the
FFmpeg fixes before getting mecoder.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson