[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg tutorial

Mayank Agarwal mayank77fromindia
Mon Apr 14 15:00:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

Has anyone able to run the ffmpeg tutorial on Linux by Martin

at the following url:

http://www.dranger.com/ffmpeg/

If yes please send me entire folder or the libavcodec.so/libavformat.so and
other ffmpeg .so files.

In my case when i am running this code pFormatCtx->nb_streams is getting the
value zero

and as such in the for loop given below

for(i=0; i<pFormatCtx->nb_streams; i++)
  if(pFormatCtx->streams[i]->codec->codec_type==CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO) {
    videoStream=i;
    break;
  }
it is giving segmentation fault.

If anyone else has also got this problem then please post the solution.If
there is anything wrong with ffmpeg .so files then

please post the way of installing ffmpeg so that i can also generate correct
.so files and be able to run the code correctly.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Mayank