[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] be more kind with wrong psm in mpeg ps

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Thu Apr 24 14:59:07 CEST 2008

Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com> writes:

>> [...]
>>>>
>>> While I understand your point, the point here is more about general
>>> policy, and general policy is to support as many files as we can without
>>> breaking and polluting too much the code.
>> The point is that we'd be adding support for invalid files while
>> breaking support for some valid files.  That is not acceptable.
>
> It could break when using private_stream_1, psm mentioning mpeg1 audio,
> and not using DVD(?) private mechanism, but IMHO you must really brain
> dead doing that, even more than using pcm and wanting to use a psm (psm
> for pcm is not defined AFAIK).
>
> Atm I don't see how this patch can break valid files.

Ping :>

So, is it possible to find a reasonable compromise with details of what
this could break ?

Thanks everyone.

SMARTJOG SAS                                     http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312