[FFmpeg-devel] h264_annexbtomp4 filter ideas, was: Collection of patches

Loren Merritt lorenm
Fri Apr 25 02:01:03 CEST 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Thorsten Jordan wrote:
> Baptiste Coudurier schrieb:
>> Thorsten Jordan wrote:

>> IIRC libx264 wrapper puts SEI in extradata.
>
> yes it does, but the SEI it puts is not needed for decoding as it seems

JM doesn't use it. libavcodec does.
There are SEI messages that apply to the whole stream. It is appropriate
to put those in extradata. One such SEI is the encoder version, which is
useful for detecting bugs in old encoders.

--Loren Merritt