[FFmpeg-devel] samplerates in flvenc ?

Mike Melanson mike
Mon Apr 28 16:20:50 CEST 2008

Craig Whitmore wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 06:48 -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
>> Craig Whitmore wrote:
>>> and flv.h
>>> FLV_SAMPLERATE_22050HZ = 2 << FLV_AUDIO_SAMPLERATE_OFFSET,
>>> FLV_SAMPLERATE_44100HZ = 3 << FLV_AUDIO_SAMPLERATE_OFFSET,
>>> FLV_SAMPLERATE_48000HZ = 3 << FLV_AUDIO_SAMPLERATE_OFFSET,
>> Does this make any sense to you? Looks like those last 2 enum values are
>> exactly the same to me.
>>

> They are, but it works. tested on linux/windows/mac flash.

Just let me make sure I have this straight:

* you started with a file that has 48kHz audio
* you used VLC to store the audio into a FLV
* you are certain that VLC passed the 48 kHz audio, unmolested, directly
into the FLV
* you are certain that VLC didn't merely do a really competent job of
converting 48kHz audio -> 44.1kHz audio

Is that all correct?

--
	-Mike Melanson