[FFmpeg-devel] armeb fix for mpegaudio

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka
Fri Aug 1 19:37:55 CEST 2008

On Friday 01 August 2008, matthieu castet wrote:
> Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> > On Friday 01 August 2008, matthieu castet wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> this patch fix mp2 regression test on arm big endian.
> >
> > Does FFmpeg officially support big endian byte order on ARM?
>
> If you look at the archive someone told that ffmpeg was working on
> armeb.

Do you have a link? All that I could find so far were the posts about
compilation issues.

> There is also the debian armeb port.

This link is not very encouraging:
http://blog.windfluechter.net/index.php?/archives/117-Armeb-removed-from-Buildd.Net.html

[...]

> > Do you know of any real systems (HW + OS) that could be used as ARM big
> > endian target for FFmpeg?
>
> Some Linksys NSLU2.
> $grep BIG mach-*/Kconfig
> mach-ixp2000/Kconfig:config ARCH_SUPPORTS_BIG_ENDIAN
> mach-ixp23xx/Kconfig:config ARCH_SUPPORTS_BIG_ENDIAN
> mach-ixp4xx/Kconfig:config ARCH_SUPPORTS_BIG_ENDIAN
>
> samsung s3c HW also support big endian with minor Linux modification.

But all this hardware also does support little endian byte order, right?
So the users are not forced to use big endian OS?

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka