[FFmpeg-devel] Implement missing av*_version() functions

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Tue Aug 5 20:39:03 CEST 2008

On date Tuesday 2008-08-05 14:52:29 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 10:59:03AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > On date Tuesday 2008-08-05 03:28:24 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> > > On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 07:53:36PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > rejected
> >
> > What about:
> > /**
> >  * Get the version of the linked libavcodec library.
> >  */
> > ?
>
> This is better but, the orignal was MUCH better.
> Why dont you just leave it??
>
> This function has nothing to do with linking libraries and it in no way
> tests what is linked if anything at all. id suggest that you take this
> function, place it in its own .c file and add the minimum needed to compile
> it (that is the #define) after that document this and exactly this.
> Everything else has nothing to do with this function.
>
> If one thinks that it has to be clarified what the difference is to the
> #define then this couldbe explained in a seperate note. But in no way
> does that belong in the text describing what the function does.
> Simply because the function does not do anything differently

OK, you convinced me, updated patches incoming soon.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Forgiving and Free Mega Power Extended Gadget