[FFmpeg-devel] manual translated to portuguese

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Aug 6 03:20:19 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 07:06:32PM -0300, flavio wrote:
> Hi there, just coming to the list, first post here =)
>
> I've just finished updating the ffmpeg manual translation to brazilian
> portuguese. I write because I had done a translation previously, but now I'd
> like to make it official, so that it may be updated more often and also go
> together with ffmpeg in the releases.
>
> I've checked the documentation for ffserver, ffplay and faq in the svn and
> they are not enormous, so I guess it won't take long for me to translate
> them also.
>
> My questions then are:
>
> How can we do this?

ask diego, he is maintainer of all the docs stuff ...

> Who can I send the .texi file to (and in which encoding,
> utf-8, iso...)?

utf-8 sounds nice ... assuming it works ...

> Is there a very easy way that I may know there is any update
> to the manual (a rss or mail advice rather than having to check the site)?

subscribe to ffmpeg-cvslog at mplayerhq.hu all changes should get posted there,
you will likely want to filter non docs/webpage changes out ...

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator