[FFmpeg-devel] pls help : to build ffmpeg using Kdevelop

Mike Melanson mike
Thu Aug 7 07:14:52 CEST 2008

shriraj joshi wrote:
> hi
>
> i m using ffmpeg version:
> FFmpeg version git-6927f4e, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
>   configuration:
>   libavutil version: 49.7.0
>   libavcodec version: 51.62.0
>   libavformat version: 52.18.0
>   libavdevice version: 52.0.0
>   built on Aug  5 2008 11:27:35, gcc: 3.4.5 20051201 (Red Hat 3.4.5-2)
> FFmpeg git-6927f4e
> libavutil   3213056
> libavcodec  3358208
> libavformat 3412480
> libavdevice 3407872
>

> i make and install it using the make file but i try to build it using
> kdevelop
> i got some error linking error many function refeence not found
>
> i m already specify LDFLAGS -lavcodec -lavformat -avutil -lz
>
> can u pls help what other things are missing

Sounds like an unsupported configuration. Can't you build FFmpeg as a
shared library and link to it from your KDevelop project?

If you insist upon going the static route, we will need more details.
Refer here for a clue:

   http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/bugreports.html

--
	-Mike Melanson