[FFmpeg-devel] Prepwork for DVCPRO HD inclusion

Roman V. Shaposhnik rvs
Sun Aug 10 21:45:59 CEST 2008

Hi Guys!

Attached are 2 patches against the DV codec. Both of them make the
codec somewhat better/faster, but the real reason I need them is
to make it easier to implement DVCPRO HD. The first patch (patch.units)
corrects a long standing issue with DV50 placement tables: the
horizontal coordinate is not in units of 8 (now that the units are
fixed calculating y_ptr and c_offset also becomes more straightforward).
The second patch (patch.factor) simplifies the unweighting and
dequantization steps in the decoder and also reduces the # of tables
used.

I intend to commit them myself unless I hear any objections or
criticism.

Thanks,
Roman.