[FFmpeg-devel] Buffer underflow error + possible patch

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Aug 14 01:41:20 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 04:58:37PM +0200, Diep Ho wrote:
> I have encouter some message
>

> buffer underflow i=1 bufi=0 size=24075
>
> buffer underflow i=1 bufi=2032 size=24075
>
> buffer underflow i=1 bufi=4073 size=24075

> Which resulted from the function remove_decoded_packets in
>
> libavformat/mpegenc.c. It attempts to remove a packet that is only
> partial provided.
>

> Can I delay the removal of this very first packet using the following
> patch in order to avoid the above annoying message?

no

the code is correct, the warning indicates a fatal error and means that
the resulting files are not mpeg-ps files and will not be playable on
some hardware decoders. You hide the warning nothing else.
And i would suspectthat the reason for the warnings is
a simple user error and not an error in the code.

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in
ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. -- Vladimir Lenin