[FFmpeg-devel] manual translated to portuguese

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Aug 18 10:16:23 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 07:06:32PM -0300, flavio wrote:

> I've just finished updating the ffmpeg manual translation to brazilian
> portuguese. I write because I had done a translation previously, but now I'd
> like to make it official, so that it may be updated more often and also go
> together with ffmpeg in the releases.

Hmmmm....

OK, to be honest, I'm not at all sure FFmpeg's manual is ready to be
translated and I am also not sure what would be the best way to do it.

Experience shows that manual translations get outdated rather quickly.
It's not a one-off job, it requires continuous maintenance and is best
undertaken by a team of translators.  This also allows for translation
review, which is impossible if you do it alone.

I do not know how far your translation efforts have progressed now.  As
you can see I am undecided about what to do with them.  If nothing else,
we can maybe add a link to the documentation page on our website.

best regards

Diego

P.S.: Please don't top-post.